Surviving Deployment: Neidy's Infinite Playlist

If you're new to this here blog, catch up on the details for my weekly feature here.


Neidy from Neidy's Infinite Playlist is this week's Surviving Deployment Feature!

 















Tell us a little about yourself:
I'm Mrs. Neidy H, I've been married for only two weeks now, I've been going to school for Media Arts with an emphasis in cinematographer (I want to be a camerawoman for movies), I LOVE music with a passion, anything vintage, I love crafting, I love making artwork, and adore photography beyond anything. And I almost ALWAYS wear a flower in my hair.

What is your relationship status?
Newlywed! :)

Do you have kiddos? If so, how has the transition to "single parenting" affected you?
Not yet!

What branch of service is your spouse/significant other?
U.S. Marine Corps!

What is your duty station?
Camp Pendleton

How long is this current deployment?
Well, he just got back from his in November and will be leaving again in October/November for 7 months.

How often are you guys able to communicate?
In our last one it was an average of 2 weeks. It was either 30 minutes on facebook chat or 30 minutes on the phone. There were a bunch of emails though! I got one at least every 4-5 days.

What kind of support (group) have you found during this deployment?
(other milspouses/blogging/family)
Blogging was a BIGGIE. I started blogging about 3-4 months into deployment.

Does your family support your spouse/significant others' choice to serve? 
They never really think about it. My family is completely hispanic so they don't really understand it. They're proud of him though.

What have you found that helps you cope best with the stress of deployment?
(blogging/religion/journaling)
It's combination of many things. Blogging, being a Christian, emailing, and tons of ice cream. Emailing him every single day just tell him the little things definitely took the stress off. Also, Mr. H's family is EXTREMELY awesome. Talking to them was also very soothing since there's ALOT of them (he's from a family of 10 kids). :) We survived!

Good luck on your upcoming deployment Neidy, and congratulations on being a newlywed! What an exciting time for the two of you to share before he leaves again! Don't forget to check out Neidy over at her cute little blog Neidy's Infinite Playlist :)

p.s. Sorry I haven't been as consistent with this, I'm on overload at school right now and got a little behind on getting features up, so if you have emailed me your filled out survey and haven't seen your post go up yet, don't worry, I promise I'm getting to it! Life just got in the way of blogging the past couple weeks. But thanks for hanging in there with me and wanting to be part of this! I truly love this feature and look forward to getting them up for everyone else to see! We can all feel less alone when we meet these lovely gals each week. Don't ya think? :)

1 comment:

  1. I love this series!! Going to check out her blog right now :D

    ReplyDelete