Favorite Photographs from 2011

Here's a little montage of some of my favorite photographs I took this past year.. just for the heck of it.

Krista from Life is the Messy Bits asked me to take some pics of her and the hubby while he was home on R&R. I wanted to duplicate another leaf blowing picture I had done a few months back, so we grabbed some crunchy dead leaves off the ground..did one shot and came out with this!

My friend Jenna and I have had multiple classes together during college and she asked me to take her senior pictures. This was my first shoot with the 50mm 1.4 and I just about died with the results. Not to toot my own horn but I was pretty stoked on this shoot.

 

A friend of mine came over with her son to hang out one day and my new little toy was desperately longing to be played with, resulting in shoot number 2 with the 50 :) Momma was standing close behind this little wobbly dude making sure he didn't fall, and we caught him at just the perfect angle.

 


This shoot was special to me because it was my first wedding, done all by myself. This was the last picture of the night while everyone stood around the happy couple dancing and singing. I love the happy looks on everyone's face!




Second shooting is an amazing thing and resulted in my favorite shoot of all time. Now I just need to upgrade that rebel of mine into the D series and get the 50 f/1.2 and I'll be rockin ;)


There's hundreds more on my hard drive waiting to be shared, and maybe throughout the year I'll share more from each of these shoots. But these were some of my favorites compiled into one post!


2 comments:

  1. ahhh that first and last one are flippin' amazing. the other are too, but the first and last could be in magazines. holy crap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. all gorgeous...can't wait to find another excuse for you to take our pictures :)

    ReplyDelete