banana bread

So I've never been much of a chef, until recently. I was never interested in helping my mom out with dinners in the kitchen as a little girl [sorry mom] and I've never felt I was very creative with meals. I'm still not a chef by any means. However, over the last few months I've gained inspiration from Pinterest and felt more confident in my cooking. 

Now I have an enormous kitchen that overlooks my family room so I don't have to feel disconnected from everyone while in the kitchen which makes cooking kinda fun! So, as I was browsing Pinterest yesterday I came across some delicious looking banana bread and realized I had every ingredient at home. Saw that I had some semi overripe bananas sitting on the counter and decided I needed to give this baking thing a try. 


Delicious Banana Bread 

What you will need
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla 1/2 cup butter (softened to room temperature)
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/2 cups overripe mashed bananas [i used 3 bananas b/c that's all i had, but most recipes suggest 4]

 Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees then coat a 9×5 loaf pan with cooking spray.
In a smaller bowl combine flower, salt, & baking soda. In a larger second bowl combine beaten eggs, butter, brown sugar, & vanilla. Begin mashing bananas and add to the second bowl. Stir in dry ingredients. Poor mixture into loaf pan and bake for 50-60 mins. 
This recipe was super easy and the final result was SO delicious with some butter spread on top. Let me know if you give it a try! Perfect for Fall. And as soon as Fall weather makes it's appearance I'll be diving into pumpkin bread :)





2 comments:

  1. ohhh my goodness....it's been ages since i've made banana bread!
    i used to make it all.the.time when i was younger....i love it with butter on top :)

    beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just put a batch in the oven!

    ReplyDelete