valentine's day recap

Mr and I celebrated our first Valentine's Day in three years together yesterday and it delivered quite nicely. I was slightly out of practice on the Valentine's celebratory-ness because Mr's been gone with the Army for the past two years. I don't think I paid much attention to lover's day these last couple years because of that. To be honest, I think it's a totally commercialized, hallmark holiday and I don't know how I feel about it. But, as I said yesterday..we can always use more love.

I spent 9am-6pm taking notes in class so I couldn't wait to get home to my lover. I was greeted at the door with a clean-cut, nicely dressed Mr. He had Pandora's "Love Songs" station playing in the background and directed my attention to the beautiful hand made bouquet sitting on our in-table. I told him he looked nice and that he was the best lover ever and then he told me to get dressed and ready because we had dinner reservations at one of the nicest restaurants in town. Spoiled? Yes!

I had a mojito...my drink of choice as of late, and he sipped on beer while we enjoyed each others' company and waited for our meal. Honey walnut prawns, general's chicken and white rice. Get in my bellllly.

It was a great night spent with Mr and he earned himself some brownie points for sure. A hand made bouquet and love songs...could he be any sweeter?

I love you Mr, thank you for a wonderful first Valentine's Day as hubs and wifey..you far exceeded and made your lady feel oh so loved.

Oh and check out day two of these flowers...he done good my friends. he done good.




8 comments:

  1. Aww, he's so sweet!! Beautiful flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes he did! haha it looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful flowers! I'm glad you had a happy Valentine's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Y'all are so precious. Those flowers are beautiful. SO glad that y'all finally got a V Day together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love the flowers -- clearly, they're purple and yellow, my fave :) What a blessing to spend it together! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great valentines day! Those flowers really opened up on day 2. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your blog. So glad I found it! :) :)
    Love, Leigh

    ReplyDelete